Sunday, 5 May 2013
Project Report on Godrej Appliances-Marketing Dissertation Topic
· Godrej has many strong firsts to its credit. In 1958 it was the first Indian company to manufacture refrigerators. Around the time India started economic liberalisation and started develop high economic growth, Godrel appliances division came up with pioneering PUF (Polyurethane Foam) in 1989, to Godrej Pentacool in 2001 and Pentafresh Technology in 2004 and EON range thereafter (of frost-free refrigerators with ‘Seven Wonders’, a patented technology including revolutionary Cool Shower Technology that ensures superior and uniform cooling).
· It is upping capacity at its Shirwal plant. As early as 1989 it was the first company to sell 10 million appliances.
· It continued to offer innovative services to counter stiff competition from Indian and international players and was the first durable goods company in India to launch branded customer service – Smartcare.
· Godrej was also the first company in India to introduce steam microwave oven
· Other strong technological innovations include the EON range of frost-free refrigerators which has won an award for the best design for its “Seven Wonders” – the “Cool Shower Technology” that allows the cooling to evenly pervade the refrigerator through holes in the shelves even when full, a hook in the freezer/chiller to hang bags. Another important product development is washing machines with Dynamic Aqua-Power Control Technology which have been designed to monitor power and water supply and wash accordingly.
· EON refrigerators’ technology took the market by storm with their never-before features, and DAC technology washing machines launched in 2007 were well-received too.
· In addition to strong products (high-quality, relevant features for Indian consumers), it has a strong edge in distribution with a 15,000-dealer network. Also strong in competitive terms, is its Godrej Smartcare Service brand to provide excellent “After-Sales Service”. With 370 service centres spread across the country, consumers continue to rate Godrej’s after-sales service the best in the industry.
· Godrej has been taking steps to make itself more visible and connect better with today’s youth. Thus, it is the only company to make refrigerators and washing machines in a wide variety of colours for this target group. It has also signed celebrity actor Preity Zinta and Aamir Khan as brand ambassador.
· Based on strong products, excellent high-quality technology and manufacturing facilities, strong distribution and after-sales network, and strong advertising, the company has been able to achieve rankings of 3-4 in most appliance categories (estimated volume shares: fridges 22%, washing machines 12%, in 2007).
· The recent awards and recognition demonstrate the company’s consumer focus – Reader’s Digest 2006, CNBC Consumer Awaaz Award for the Most Preferred Refrigerator for the second successive year (2005 & 2006).
· Apart from catering to the domestic consumers, Godrej is also a key OEM supplier in India. After the success achieved in the domestic market, the company is also looking at exports in a big way and has launched its refrigerators and washing machines in Sri Lanka and hopes to export to Singapore, Afghanistan, the Middle East, Kenya, Rwanda, Bahrain and Oman. Moreover, it hopes to be an OEM to many growing domestic retail chains like Reliance Digital, Big Bazaar etc.
Source -Euromonitor International : Local Company Profile-November 2008
If you want Marketing Case Studies in Godrej, Contact Mahasagar Publications by calling + 91 9819650213 or mail firstname.lastname@example.org